A detail associated with filing a petition to SCOTUS for a writ of certiorari to a Court of Appeals.

ThorsProvoni
A detail associated with filing a petition to SCOTUS for a writ of certiorari to a Court of Appeals.

Post by ThorsProvoni »

Latest Communication with SCOTUS — A Possible Stumbling Block
The Anglo-American legal system has a fundamental difference from the Islamic or Jewish legal system. A mufti or posek has no problem in issuing a ruling in response to an ex parte question. Anglo-American trial by jury is a substitute for trial by combat, and a modern trial is a formalized form of intellectual combat. A judge expects to adjudicate a legal issue in a controversy between at least two parties in conflict. Now that my petition for writ of certiorari is in the cert pool, I am supposed to inform an opposing party so that he can respond.
Image I responded to the clerk with the following physical mail. (SCOTUS does not allow non-attorneys to use the digital electronic communications system.)
Image Here are the forms that I am supposed to send to an opposing party.
Image An opposing party sends SCOTUS the following form if he does not intend to respond.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “International Law”